We’ve excited to hire our first developer to the Schema App team. We are on a mission to translate the world’s content into the language of search engines and are looking for a developer to help us. Responsibilities will include evolving our Schema App toolset, improving our foundational infrastructure and playing a leading role in shaping the solutions as we scale.
This role will work with Mark van Berkel, our technical co-founder, to build out the main application server and web service APIs of Schema App. You will have an instrumental role in the next phase of our company, as we build integrations and mature enterprise solutions. There are lots of interesting technical challenges with no shortage of opportunities to grow your technical chops in new and existing tech. We need a smart, collaborative, team player, who works fast and is hungry to make a big difference with a small company.
What is Schema App?
Schema App solves two problems for digital marketers, it helps them adopt the latest SEO strategy – schema markup, and wow their customers with customized reports that enable data-driven decisions. Schema Markup is what allows google to create rich snippets (stars and images in search read more here: What is Schema Markup).
With Schema App, digital marketers can translate any page into the Schema Markup, page by page or in bulk. Pages that are optimized with Schema Markup get higher search rank, up to 30% higher click through rates and rich results in search. Schema App allows digital marketers to do schema markup 82% faster than doing it by hand and with no errors. It works with any website, enabling SEO opportunities across a digital marketer’s portfolio. We also offer the ability to add context to analytics, an area called Semantic Analytics. Semantic Analytics enable data-driven decision making for digital marketing strategies.
What you will be doing
- Improvements to our the main application server (TopBraid Composer Maestro) to add features and extend the ontological models.
- Improvements to Web Service API server.
- Design and/or develop our next CMS integration project (such as Adobe Experience Manager, Magento, etc)
- Diagnose problems and fix complex issues that rely on multiple interacting systems.
- Refactor existing software solutions to make it more scalable, secure and reliable.
- Improve the automated testing, help with continuous deployment infrastructure.
- Provide technical support and bug fixes for users.
- Solve technical problems to support the business.
What you need to know
- The ideal candidate has a couple years of experience with Semantic Technology Development (Jena, Sesame, TopBraid Composer, etc)
- Experience with Semantic Web or Graph technologies (Graph Databases, RDF, SPARQL, Knowledge Graph, WikiData and Schema.org).
- Knowledge of custom development for Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, Shopify, Magento, Adobe Experience Manager, Oracle Marketing Cloud)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, Beanstalk, Lambda).
- Nice to have: Ontology modeling, Java, J2EE or Machine Learning.
- What you are good at and where you want to grow.
Role will be located in Guelph, Ontario. 2 work-from-home days per week. Competitive Salary and Benefits, 3 month probation period